Forklift terminal MULTITOUCH
Forklift terminal MULTITOUCH of the MOBILE MT series
FORSIS offers three different variants in the field of mobile forklift terminals, each of which is adapted to specific customer requirements. Because forklift terminals should always make do with the minimum external dimensions, but at the same time offer a maximum LCD viewing area. The forklift terminal with the capacitive touch screen - also known as multi-touch - is available in the MOBILE MT series in 10", 12" and 15" inch sizes.
All FORSIS stacker terminals belong to the MOBILE series. This means that the end devices are all similar in their structure. CPU technology, power supply, WLAN connection and mechanics are compliant. Due to the modular FORSIS design, the operating unit is adapted depending on the application. Touch screen technology, LCD size and additional input peripherals are crucial. The operating units of the MOBILE MT are equipped with MULTTOUCH technology.
The capacitive touch screen surface, also called PCAP multi-touch technology, has arrived in the production and logistics environment. The advantages of this technique are:
- The front pane of the multitouch forklift terminal is designed as a protective glass pane (laminated glass)
- Hardened by chemical surface treatment
- Glass thickness 1.6 mm
- PCAP multitouch with support for up to ten fingers
- Full gesture control on operating systems that support it
The main difference between mobile devices and stationary ones is their power supply and energy management.
- Wide range input from 9 to 30 volts DC, expandable with external DC/DC converters
- Protective circuit for voltage drops below 8V DC, the device switches off after ten attempts
- Protective circuit for voltage peaks with integrated Zypressor diode from 35V DC
- Minimization of power consumption to the lowest values - the power consumption in operation is only approx. 25 watts, in standby <1 watt
- The DC/DC converter unit can be loaded up to about 65 watts
- An additional battery operation as an option, with stand-by operation
CPU and operating system selection
WINDOWS™ as an operating system platform is still an instance in the industrial environment. With the operating system variant WINDOWS™ 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2019 and the current version LTSC 2021, reliability and stability actually prevail. The current CPU variants are supported, but there is also a rethinking of alternative operating systems in the market segment of mobile data acquisition devices.
FORSIS supports the current change in CPU generations and, in addition to INTEL® Celeron© 3955 and I5© 6300U© SKYLAKE®, also offers the CPU variant INTEL® I3© 8145UE and I5© 8365UE WHISKEY LAKE® on.
WINDOWS™ or ANDROID™
With ANDROID as the operating system, there is a fusion of the "look and feel" of a smartphone and the functions and possibilities of an industrial-grade mobile data collection device designed for a harsh operating environment. The core of this highly interesting solution is the motherboard with the CPU cluster designed for ANDROID by Rockchip RK3399 consisting of Dual core Cortex-A72 in combination with Quad core Cortex-A53.
The operating unit of the multitouch forklift terminal
The multi-touch forklift terminal has a capacitive touchscreen. This type of touch screen is also known as multi-touch. You are welcome to find out more about this topic and about the PCAP technology, which is used in our multi-touch forklift terminals, under Service - Knowledge.
Mechanical structure of the multitouch forklift terminal
- The housing of the multitouch forklift terminal is made of aluminum or sheet steel parts. These are powder coated on the outside and galvanized on the inside
- The device design is compact and vibration-proof
- The multitouch forklift terminal has minimal cabling and no mechanically moving components
- The heat dissipation on the multi-touch forklift terminal takes place via the rear ten millimeter thick mounting plate, all heat-generating components dissipate here
- At the same time, this plate also offers attachment preparation in VESA 100 format
Forklift terminal multitouch - specifications
- The degree of protection of the multi-touch forklift terminal [EN60529] is IP65 on the front and, depending on the type and version, IP54 on the connection side
- Approvals: CE, FCC
- Vibration and shock test according to DIN EN 60721-3-5/5M3
- Wireless connection: IEEE 802.11 ac/g/n
- Bluetooth interface if WLAN adapter is integrated in the multitouch forklift terminal
- Standard temperature range: -20°C to 50°C due to the chosen components
- Humidity: 0 – 90% (non-condensing)
Dimensions of the forklift terminal of the MOBILE MT series
Below you will find the outer dimensions of the multi-touch forklift terminal of the MOBILE MT series. All dimensions in mm.
- Variant 1000
LCD Size: 10.4"
Width: 267 / Height: 236* / Depth: 70
Weight: 3.3 kg
- Variant 1200
LCD Size: 12.1"
width: 300 / height: 266* / depth: 70
Weight: 5.2 kg
* Due to the impact-resistant antenna housing with IP65 protection class, the housing height of the multi-touch forklift terminal increases by 60mm
The difference between the models in the forklift terminal series is not just the touchscreen technology, but also the connection rows and the associated device depth. span>
WLAN connection according to IEEE802.11 ac/g/n combined with Bluetooth V4.0 span>
Cable lock / strain relief - connection side
All cable connections of the multitouch forklift terminal are on the back and go down. Four screw terminals are mounted on a carrier to relieve strain on the cables. This carrier is detachable by a secured knurled screw.
In concrete terms, this means: Simple and one-time assembly of the cables. The cable carrier remains in place even if the device is replaced.
Protective cover - rear view
To protect the plug connection, the entire connection side of the multitouch forklift terminal can be closed with a protective hood. The cover is secured by two studs and two thumbscrews.
"Wir beantworten gerne Ihre Fragen."
Integrated or external UPS unit
The optional AKKU unit is used for short-term support of the supply voltage. With the MOBILE MT 1000, the BATTERY unit is external, from the MOBILE MT 1200 version it is integrated in the device. The same applies to the MOBILE and MOBILE MF series.
- The battery works in standby mode and serves as a support in the event of short-term dips
- It bridges power failures for up to five minutes or depending on the battery type
- The monitoring and charging electronics enable a controlled, time-controlled shutdown
The forklift driver's field of vision must never be obstructed by a forklift terminal. In addition, special regulations apply to the installation of forklift terminals on industrial trucks.
FORSIS has faced all these challenges and offers you practical mounting systems for both the multi-touch forklift terminals of the MOBILE MT series and for the other forklift terminals from the MOBILE and MOBILE MF series.
You can find out more about this with a click. Enjoy browsing!
The multi-touch forklift terminals of the MOBILE MT series can be equipped with any WLAN adapter or UMTS adapter. The motherboard offers the following slots for this: 1 x FULLSIZE MINI PCIe slot with SATA support and 1 x FULLSIZE MINI PCIe slot with SIM card support. As a rule, WLAN adapters from INTEL are used.
- Suitable operating systems: Windows 10 64 BIT, Google Chrome OS, Linux
- Antenna connectors: 2
- TX/RX streams 2x2
- Bands: 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz (160Mhz)
- Max. Speed: 1.73Gbps
- Wi-Fi Certified: 802.11ac
- Compliance FIPS, FISMA
- Bluetooth Version 5
- Integrated Bluetooth technology
- Mainboard format M.2 2230, M.2 1216 (adapter required)
- System interface type: Wi-Fi (PCIe), BT(USB)
- MU-MIMO: Yes
The antenna makes the difference
In addition to the selection of the WLAN adapter, the antenna is certainly the decisive component for an optimal connection of the multi-touch forklift terminal. When realizing the antenna according to IEEE802.11n, the clear goal was the special design of the antenna in the direction of the MIMO transmission method. The abbreviation MIMO stands for Multiple Input Multiple Output.
MIMO systems offer higher data transmission rates, longer ranges and are not only "immune" to multipath propagation, they actually exploit it. A MIMO system is therefore ideal for multi-touch forklift terminals, which are often used indoors in industrial areas without a direct line of sight between the PC and router.
Specification of the MIMO antenna
The antenna was implemented as a MIMO antenna system consisting of three separate dual-band antennas. All individual antennas are placed on a printed circuit board and manufactured using a chemical manufacturing process. The entire antenna is housed in a robust polycarbonate ABS housing. The complete antenna is easy to mount on IPC housings and allows easy connection of coaxial cables. In this way, the optimal illumination of the environment is achieved in order to best support the advantages of the greater range and higher transmission rate.
All standards are supported for the antenna technology: IEEE 802.11a / b / g / n / ac IEEE802.15.1 (Bluetooth). The antenna thus covers the frequency range from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz at the same time.